Sealed Plastic Boxes

paul.blitz

Whilst out shopping last week (remember that? No GPSr needed... the idea is to BUY things!!) we went through Matalan, where we saw some SEALED plastic boxes.

They are made by "Klipit", and are similar prices to tuppaware. The seal is a rubber o-ring, and the lid has a couple of clips to hold it to the body... seemed to me to be just the thing for small caches.

And while I'm here, Maplins are doing packs of 12 x AA NiMH 1800mAh batteries for £12.99 (I'm not saying they are the cheapest, but its still a good price). Also 12 x AAA 750mAh for £12.99. Or 3 x PP3 150mAh for £12.99.

I have one of these boxes and they are not as watertight as the JML boxes that I bought from woolworths which are clipped on all 4 sides with a seal in the lid. I tested them by putting lead weights in them and submerging them in the bath! The water seaped very slowly into the Matalan box but not at all into the JML boxes.

Thanks for that... must visit Woollies & see what these JMP boxes are like.

Paul