Meeting Other Geocachers

Hello people. I have just moved from Australia to North Carolina...Elizabeth town area, and am about to get up and going with some geocaching. I was just curious as to how many people around this area there are doing it and if there are folks hereabouts i would love to meet them? i dont really know anyone round here and caching is alot more fun with more than one! :rolleyes:

You're quite welcome. :unsure:

I don't see any NC organizations listed (like we have in MD) but I'm sure there are people in that area. If you don't have any luck in that forum, might take a look at some of the caches and look for some names that appear frequently. Maybe you can start a dialogue with them that way? I'd start with the forum posting though, as there may be some out there who want to just go about their business. :rolleyes:

cold? lol...try up here in Massachusetts. It's warmed upped to 13 degrees right now... We just moved from the Augusta Georgia area to up here almost a year ago in foot or two of snow. Down home, if you get a dusting, everything closes.

At least you are using the word ain't...next you will be saying y'all and "fixin to"...I guess it's about summer time down under right?

cold? lol...try up here in Massachusetts. It's warmed upped to 13 degrees right now...

At least you are using the word ain't...next you will be saying y'all and "fixin to"...I guess it's about summer time down under right?

13???....well..."y'all" must be feelin that i guess!....Yeah..its summer time at home for sure...

I'm suffering here though...just started to get used to the humidity...and it goes and gets all cold on me...lol

I havnt done a cold winter like this since i was last in the U.S....about 4 yrs ago.

I'm "fixin" to go get me some winter clothes to geocache in!

Edited by Kiwi cruiser
cold? lol...try up here in Massachusetts. It's warmed upped to 13 degrees right now... We just moved from the Augusta Georgia area to up here almost a year ago in foot or two of snow. Down home, if you get a dusting, everything closes.

Here in Ohio, we got about 50 or 60 inches of snow last winter, most of it in February and March. Only once did we have any snow emergencies - some counties shut down completely, but ours just put the road crews on around-the-clock and we were advised not to travel if it wasn't necessary. Still, not once did the authorities say not to travel period.

Oh, and on a side note, my oldest brother used to live in Texas, and we always gave him a hard time if he said something like "fixin' to".

We ended up with over 100 inches this past winter around here I beleive is what they said. I know we arrived in mass on January 2nd or 3rd and that night it dropped around 6"-12"...then After we found hte house we are renting it snowed 2 times I remember of a foot each and one time of 2 feet. Then there were 6 inches here and there...and some smaller amounts... I understand they had more before the new year so it all added up...We didn't see the bare ground till april...

We ended up with over 100 inches this past winter around here I beleive is what they said. I know we arrived in mass on January 2nd or 3rd and that night it dropped around 6"-12"...then After we found hte house we are renting it snowed 2 times I remember of a foot each and one time of 2 feet. Then there were 6 inches here and there...and some smaller amounts... I understand they had more before the new year so it all added up...We didn't see the bare ground till april...

Hmmmmm...from what i see on the idiot box this morning it looks like you might be getting another big dump coming you way soon...if you aint already got it

Aint North Carolina great???....lol

As an ex-pat Aussie also living in North Carolina, "Welcome to the Tarheel State!" (Have some local try to explain that!!!) We have been living in western NC for 7 years now, and like the fact that there are 4 distinct seasons here. Snow is not that big of a problem; we only get 10-12 inches (25-30-cms) per year--just enough for the kids to sled down the hill in the frontyard a few times.

When I first moved to the U.S. from Oz--back in 1983--I went from summer in Darwin (avg. temp. 100 F/35 C; avg. humidity 110%) to winter in central Illinois (avg. temp. somewhere in the minus range). Heck, I hardly knew that temperatures could get into the minuses! Getting on the plane in Darwin and then getting off the plane in Champaign was like an episode of The Twilight Zone!

Best of luck in your new environs!

OzGuff

P.S. Do you think we can get Jeremy to start a new forum to discuss cricket?