Magellen Meridian Color

TNGeoGirl

I have found a Magellen Meridian ColorGPS at a good price and am wondering if it is a pretty good starter GPS. I have just begun and didn't want to put a lot of money into it and was wondering if this is a good GPS unit, its at a real low price and I was wondering why it was so cheap for being brand new.....

It's a great unit. You could even upgrade the software (for a price) later to give you street routing and guidance capability.

Maybe you should identify where you are thinking about buying this unit from, to find out other peoples experiences with this place. You wouldn't want to get shafted.

Its a great unit. It is hard on batteries, compared to the rest of the non colored units in the Meridian lineup. To see the display good even in the day you must flip the light on. You will notice on the side of the unit a hidden external antenna port

under a little piece of the rubber bumper that surrounds the unit. I had my unit for 2 months before I found the little hidden port.

it is a very good gps but essentially a gold with a color screen - battery life is not great but hey that's color. not sure what price you're paying but if it's really good then either it's hot or maybe the person is selling to get the new color garmin coming out soon...

flame suit on ;)