Newbie And Converting .loc/gpx Files.

stuka75

I',m Using Navio a GPS program that uses .csv files for waypoints. I tried Babel converter without success to convert a .loc file to .csv. Tried many different settings, abviously not the right ones. Do I need to try another prog?

I have an Ipaq 2210 with Fortuna Xtrk receiver that works well.

Thanks

I',m Using Navio a GPS program that uses .csv files for waypoints. I tried Babel converter without success to convert a .loc file to .csv. Tried many different settings, abviously not the right ones. Do I need to try another prog?

Thanks

GPSbabel will do this conversion and many more. Here is an exact command-line that you'd use to convert from Geocaching.com's LOC to CSV use:

gpsbabel.exe -s -i geo -f 35909.loc -o csv -F 35909.csv

To convert GPX to CSV:

gpsbabel.exe -s -i gpx -f 35909.gpx -o csv -F 35909.csv

GPSBabel link is available on my Geocaching page, which can be found in my sig (I'm not the author, just a fan).

Edited by elmo-fried

Thanks

It's probably picky about how the latitude and longitude are formatted. As someone mentioned, Utopia will read GPX and/or LOC data and export it to a CSV file. The interface is fairly simply. Just select the fields you want to export (you can define custom fields, too). You can just drag them to change their sequence, if needed. There are 6 different coordinate formats, so one of them will probably work for you. It's been my experience that most programs that can import coordinates want them in a signed decimal format without any surrounding quotes. In Utopia, this is the fourth format available in the drop-down selection list.

You can see the CSV Export interface in the third image on the screenshot page.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

Edited by Prime Suspect