Must-do Caches In Central London?

Hard Oiler

Check out Chris and Maria's site. They are cachers with plenty of London info including a caching map using the underground.

Here's the link:

http://www.sheps.clara.net/

On this page you can link to plenty. I just got back and while I did not do any central London caches, I did do some in the Epping Forest area.

Have fun. Keep in mind that the GPS is probably a North America base map. So no streets will be shown.

I hope this helps. :)

PS. After traveling that type of distance with your GPS off, it may take awhile for it to re-aquire a sat. lock. It took mine about 20 - 30 mins.

Edited by zoltig

This is very helpful to me, too. I did notice, however, that the links to the list on geocacheuk returned a query error. I wonder if that can be fixed.

Can anyone tell me of a geocache or two that are near the British Museum? I'm particularly interested in physical geocaches, although I understand that many in London are virtuals.

Cheers,

Seth!

Thanks, Travers.

Deego, the map is great but it would be nice to have a list as well. It will be hard to click the boxes when I'm out wandering! There is supposed to be a list, but it appears to not be working.

I'm also going to be in Stroud and Nottinghamshire, if anyone has any recommendations.

Seth!

This is very helpful to me, too. I did notice, however, that the links to the list on geocacheuk returned a query error. I wonder if that can be fixed.

The link on Chris's site predates a major re-jig of the G:UK database which broke all the old searches. I'll see if I can resurrect this particular one.

In the meantime, for a search of caches centred around Marble Arch (traditionally the "centre" of London), try here. Alternatively, clicking on the icons on the tube map should return a list of several nearby caches, rather than just the one you clicked on.

I will also be in London on business, but not until the first week in Feb and then again in late March. I started planning my caches months ago and am glad to see that all of the caches listed above are already on my list! My caching time will be fairly limited--maybe just 1 day each week and the evenings. Can anyone suggest which of the above caches (or any others in London) that would be good night caching opportunities?

Thanks!

OzGuff

Jessexs' Last Post is well worth a visit and has become a regular TB hotspot though it is locked at night.

As for caches you can do at night:

The London Stone is really cool - not much to see but really cool that a cache can be hidden in plain sight yet no one notices it.

Old Father teams is a great spot and from there you can enjoy the south bank with plenty to do of an evening.

HTH

Chris