Geocaching Maps - Enhancements

Troyers

Hi,

Thank you very much for the great site. We have greatly appreciated the fun and adventures that you make possible for our family. The new mapping solution is very nice! I am also glad to see that you have moved much of the site over to the .NET platform. I do a lot of work in this area and I am sold on the technology.

I did have a couple of requests for enhancements to the mapping

software:

1) It would be nice to have a little more control over the caches that get displayed or excluded. For instance, if we could exclude "Found" caches instead of having them marked with a checkbox, we would find that would be very useful. Or possibly a date range instead of just "New" caches.

2) Also, would it be possible to optionally allow a larger mapping area (i.e. a larger % of the page size, Maybe by re-positioning the legend?)

Anyway, again thank you! We appreciate your hard work.

Marty Troyer

Geocacher and Software/Database developer

I, too, would like to see the icons for the caches I have found to not display. That would be a very useful feature.

Ditto. I use cache maps to plan cache hunts. Once I've found a cache, I really don't plan to hunt it again. Showing caches I've already found just clutters up the map. I'd really like to be able to filter out finds and hides.

I have another question about the new online maps. How often are they updated to reflect new caches hidden? I hid six caches yesterday -- five in close proximity -- and I was curious to see what the map looked like with the increase in cache density. The caches don't show up yet. Does the map software sync with the cache list once per day or something? If so, when... so I will know when to look. Thanks.

Just adding another ditto. The ability to completely remove found caches from the map would be a lovely feature. I can certainly get it by transfering to other map software, but it is somewhat timely. The geocaching maps are great for the ballpark "Where are they?" Although they are getting overly cluttered by finds. This is not critism, I love the site and all the improvements. Just another ditto to this suggestion.

Guper Seekie