Oh Canada!

Dagg

It is happening here also, read my thread on Parks Ontario and the cache placed near a SEPAQ operated park in Quebec with a local cacher after a meeting with Park wardens there did not go well. Îles-de-Boucherville SEPAQ Info Cache was placed to inform cachers of the fines they give out and the ban imposed in the nearby park. I have to arrange a meeting with SEPAQ for my next trip to the area, I am hopeful but discouraged.

The Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton/Burlington has seemed to take a more enlightened approach. I received an email from a person representing them that she had checked my cache (the Chaplain's View) and found it within their guidelines for use of the trails. It is a virtual on a trail that goes through several areas with plant species they are trying to preserve. She praised it as a good use of their area. I stupidly deleted the email or I would post it here. There has been one cache removed from their property that I know of. They have approved of at least one other that I know of (not a virtual). So I guess there is hope. I suppose it depends of the people involved, as always.

It is happening here also, read my thread on Parks Ontario and the cache placed near a SEPAQ operated park in Quebec with a local cacher after a meeting with Park wardens there did not go well. Îles-de-Boucherville SEPAQ Info Cache was placed to inform cachers of the fines they give out and the ban imposed in the nearby park. I have to arrange a meeting with SEPAQ for my next trip to the area, I am hopeful but discouraged.

Any problems in the Maritimes yet?

No problems at this time in the Maritimes. I have only been contacting parks that have been pulling caches or already been contacted to show that any regulations they would like to have in place can be followed. The others, I assume permission was asked before the cache was placed and follow the guidelines of cache placement for approval.