Forum Passwords?

team_tar

Just a detail...

my passwd contained an exclamation mark (!). I was unable to login to the new forums (wrong password) until I substituted it (wih dots)... strange. Is the charset allowed for passwords somehow restricted in the new forum software (in some it is) or what?

Thanks

Just noticed that I don't show up as the Last Post By after I make a post. Is this the same for evryone or is this just occurring to users with a ''special character'' in their name?

Also the topic doesn't get bumped up to the top of the list ;)

Edited by PDOP's
My forum password in old forums started with "J", but here in new forums it's somehow "j".

The passwords are not case sensitive on geocaching.com, so it is possible it was always with a lowercase "j" - someone else mentioned this last week that when they used "forgot password" on geocaching.com it had the wrong case from what they expected.

I'm not positive this is the case. Send your son his password and see if it is lowercase or uppercase.

I believe I just corrected this. It should now work for both odd characters in usernames and passwords.

Jeremy, I noticed yesterday when trying to send a private message (PM) through the forum software to a community member who has a "&" character in their username, I receive the error message "no such user" when I address the message to them and try to send it. This is true even after double-checking spelling, capitalization, spaces, etc. It is also true when trying to reply to the same user after they sent me a PM.

By the way, PM's are a GREAT feature, even with that little bug.