Looking to buy a 2nd GPS unit...

I don't need a bunch of responses, but we currently have a Garmin III+ and I am wanting to buy another cheaper model so that when Uno is out of town (like he will be over the long memorial day weekend), I can still go chase down some caches. I see that that the E-Trex is down to $115.00. Will that do ok for just occasional caching use? Would just like to hear a couple of opinions cuz I need to order it fast if I want it here by next weekend. Major concern is tree cover. We live in Virginia........lotsa trees icon_smile.gif

Thanx in advance

Dave

Ok....it doesn't fit the price thing.....but Dave why don't you give Uno the III+ and buy yourself a Garmin V.

We run both. When I ordered the V told the husband....that I needed it cause I always get lost... pluck in address....it beeps before and at each turn........wonderful thing....I thought originally that we would sell the III+. But Fealess delights in outsmarting the maps and arriving at the destination sooner that calculated.

Ya just gotta have it!

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

Just want to say thanx for everyones advice and input. We finally decided to go with the new Garmin Map 76S. Yes, I know, it is above the price range we were thinking, but it has gotten some really positive reviews. We also looked at the Garmin V, but have been told that the Map 76S works better in heavy tree cover. Should have it tues and will definately put it to use over Memorial day weekend so will let you all know how it goes!

Thanx again!

Dave