Newspaper Type Publicity for Geocaching

4dingdongz

A local newswriter is compiling information for an article in our newspaper. As I have been assisting him, I have been contacting local geocachers. Some of them are opposed to publicity for geocaching for some of the obvious reasons; trampled wooded areas, new geocachers jumping in and then not tending to their caches, non-geocacher interference etc... I understand this argument, but am not sure if I agree with it or not. Let's get some discussion going on this subject.

Remember: Stop, Look, and Listen

Yep the topic has been discussed before, but as this poster is new to the forums we can still answer his question.

I found out about caching from an article in a mag so I do not think it is a bad thing. After all you'd all be deprived of my sparkling personality otherwise. Wouldn't that just make you sad?

Like I said in the other thread. I found out about the sport by reading an article in a local paper. I see why some have a problem with over exposure, but It's not going to be a 'secret' forever. I don't think, at least I hope the sport will not suffer. And by the way BrianSnat, every time I look at your avitar I wanna gag. Thanks, it's invigorating.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.