Amazing race partner needed, anyone game??

Tomebug

I was going to apply to be on the Amazing Race (CBS), but my teammate had to drop out due to scheduling. They are not taking new applications yet for the next one, but in preperation for a time when they are, I need to find someone who would like to apply with me. I'm the only person I know who can take the time off (I'm self employed), so I have to shop around for people I don't know icon_wink.gif

I want someone who is smart, physical, adventurous, curious, moderately competative, and is willing to put up with me! Since most geocachers seem to have most of these qualities, I thought this might be a good place to look.

I think we might have a good chance of making it to the interview stage just based on the fact that we would be a team of two people who don't even know each other! So far they haven't had a team of people who met over the internet.

Email me if you're interested, or post your comments here, even if you think I'm crazy. Of course, this would only confirm that my friends are right, ha.

I'm intrigued. I'm unemployed, but I have some vacations scheduled later this year; so I'm not sure how the timing works out. I don't watch much TV; so I don't actually know the full details of the Amazing Race. However, I'm highly competitive, somewhat creative, and often good for a laugh or two.

Tell me more about it. I don't watch television, either, but the title sounds interesting. What does this race involve? How long of a time commitment is required and when? My kids keep telling me I need to sign up for Survivor or some other reality show, but I'm not sure if it's because they think I might win or they're just counting on a big insurance payoff if I don't make it. icon_wink.gif

I have a great deal of flexibility and control over my schedule if I can plan it ahead of time (the further in advance, the better.)

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by Tomebug:

I want someone who is smart, physical, adventurous, curious, moderately competative, and is willing to put up with me!

Hmmm....if'n it wasn't for that being smart thing, I'd be there in a flash! icon_biggrin.gif

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

My kids keep telling me I need to sign up for Survivor or some other reality show, but I'm not sure if it's because they think I might win or they're just counting on a big insurance payoff if I don't make it.

I don't think it's the insurance. I'm betting they just want to laugh at you if you fall flat on your face or do something equally embarrassing in front of the whole world...and with television cameras to record it for playing over and over to taunt you with for years to come. icon_wink.gif

I just checked the site again, and they are now accepting applications!

"The dates and times of the semi-finalist interviews will be set by the Producers in May or June of 2002.

Those applicants who are selected as finalists will be flown to Los Angeles from their major local airport for finalist interviews in June or July of 2002.

If selected as a contestant, you and your teammate must be willing to travel to numerous locations around the world lasting approximately 30 to 40 days.

Applications must be received by May 8, 2002."

I've gotten a few good responses, and I am really hopeful about this. Looks like we're really on a time schedule now!