Placing a cache that is likely to be mugglized

(inspired by the thread about not being seen)

I've been thinking of placing a micro in a playground or such, in plain sight but just a little above or below sight line, just to see how long it would stay.

I ran a week long game at camp this year with chrome matchboxes and placed many of them right out in the open and they lasted quite a while, even with 200 kids looking for them. (some quite intensely)

In many cases, kids would come and ask for clues while they were looking straight at one.

I wonder if it would be fair to the caching community to place a cache that you guess would not last?

I can always move it just a little and hide a new one.

I would try to keep a cache there and close to the coordinates. Of course the log papers will disappear with the cache boxes.

Whatcha think?

Caint never did nothing.

GDAE, Dave

Most of my caches are begging for those dopey muggles to plunder them. But none of them have been compromised yet.

I have two caches that are so high traffic, I am surprised they are still there.

And, (OT), yes...I think it is fair and makes the game just that much more exiting.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

One of my caches was in the branches of a tree in a park. Grated it was a densly foliaged tree. It lasted just under a year before I got tired of it and archived it. Reading the logs I had a few muggles find it. One when it fell out of the tree and they got it on the ground.

I've had better hidden ones last a much shorter time.

My opinion is go for it. You never know.

That reminds me of playing hide and go seek at dusk and laying in the shadow of a big tree.

I say go for it. it will probably last a long time. you could do it as the first stage in a 2 step multy that way the olny thing you loose is the film can or match box and a slip of paper with the real co-ords on it. It would seem to me that some virts could be better handled this way. The real cache could then be in a much safer but ugly spot.

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

Some have graceland, some have mecca. We have the side of a gravel road in Oregon.... How did we get to be the better off?