Future of Geocaching

How did they link goecachers to trasspassing? Were people caught and ticketed?

What part of the country is this?

Where they county, state or local parks?

Were they parks, open spaces, wildlife areas?

You need to provide more information if you want us to give you any credibility.

I'm not saying people aren't in areas when they shouldn't be, I'm just saying that it's probablly such a small amount that no one, especially NBC News, is concerned with it.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
Originally posted by Higgins:

icon_confused.gif

Caught a blurb on NBC news .... [snip, snip]

...I think we need to honor those signed areas.

your tone would help here... What do you mean by WE? I peeked at your profile and it looks as though with 0 hidden and 0 found, you cannot be including yourself.

Is there more to this story?

I read that Higgins has been a troll in our midst for the past month, hasn't been able to join in the real game, and now decides to vocalize a warning that we arn't playing right.

I have known some real Higgins' and you sir are no Higgins!

[This message was edited by Trudy & The Beast on December 05, 2002 at 11:21 AM.]

Higgins did respond off forum to my charges of him being a troll/sock puppet. He should have posted that reply here.

Higgins appears to be a newbie that is just having trouble getting started.

The local [Madison, WI] NBC affiliate was appearantly creating news intended to appear as a public service and found a source for negative comment [from Minnesota, home of the zip-lock cache container] to balance the views on the feature. I can't go into any detail since this is just hearsay at this point.

I don't believe the feature will have great impact other than ruffling my feathers. And, perhaps Higgins hasn't been with us long enough to know the depth of our respect for the environment and property rights.

Higgins, Dive in. Do a few caches, place a few too. There is more than enough room here for you. We will try not to be as abrasive in the future.

tb