I want to Hidden a Cache ... what do I do in Order...

icon_cool.gif Today I Found one at Gilligans Trail and I thought it was SO COOL!!! icon_biggrin.gif and I asked my dad if there was one in John U. Lloyd State Park and he said no so I asked why not and he said because no one has hid one so I want to hide one there. What do I have to do in order to do this and can I?? PLEASE ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP PLEASE DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to talk one on one email me @

weirdandwackie@aol.com

or IM me @ WeirdandWackie

thanks !!! ** CrYsTaL **

Hi, welcome to geocaching!

Probably the BEST thing you can do is to go with your dad and find a few more geocaches first. This way you get to see a few different ones and see how it's done.

Then you should read the guidelines for hiding a cache - http://www.geocaching.com/articles/requirements.asp - so you get some idea of what's allowed and what isn't. You didn't say where you are, so I don't know, but there may be a reason there are no caches in the park you mention already. Some places have rules against them, and some other places make you get a permit first. It's always a good idea to find out if it's ok to place a cache there before you actually do it.

Good luck!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Well first thing you do is give in to this urge you have to hide a cache and Just Do It!

It pays to scout your location first to see what kind of cache you can hide there. The bigger the cache the better trading can take place. However sometimes a small cache is all that you can hide so that others won't find it who don't need to be finding caches.

Once you scouted, pick a container, add a log book, pencil, and any starting trade items and place that puppy. Then post it on this website. Once it's approved they will come out of the woodwork looking for this cache.

Finding more caches before you place this one is optional.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Finding more caches before you place this one is optional.

Technically optional, perhaps, but highly recommended. It gives you a better feel for what works and what doesn't in cache containers and hiding places.

pirate.cgi.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

You didn't say where you are, so I don't know, but there may be a reason there are no caches in the park you mention already.

Florida, near Fort Lauderdale. To find out if there's a reason there aren't any caches there, you might ask or search in http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=5726007311&f=2416058331.

http://parkrrrr.com/pirate.cgi.gif

no theres no reason ... I live in John U Lloyd State Park .. My dad works there and I talked and explain every thing to him and I asked him why there wasn't any already out here.. he said he knows how its works and because no on has placed one because there is no "Bike Trail" . I then asked him if it would b ok to put it in the nature trail and he told me to figure out what I have 2 do first and then once i no to come back and talk 2 him