You might be a geek if...

While hunting a cache in the primordal woods, just you, nature, and a few billion in satellites to guide you, you come across another cacher...

"Hey, did you hear about the new cache that went up today?"

"No, where is it?"

"Here, I'll beam it to you!"

You both whip out your PDAs, and he instantly IR beams the cache page to you... and neither one of you realize how out of place and extrodinary this transaction was... icon_biggrin.gif

Member:

banner-small.gif

Yep, and its a wonderfull thing. Its cool we can advacne communications past those methods we know best. Humans do nothing if not play with communication.

Having the Palm Pilot in the mix with all the goodness of my areas caches at my pentip has ment I dont need to print out page after page from this site and I can beam stuff to fellow cachers at will.

Three steps to bliss

[1]http://wsmf.blogspot.com/2002_02_01_wsmf_archive.html#10228055 - The eTrex Palm Pilot Connection

[2]http://plucker.gnu-designs.com - Plucker Home Page

[3]http://www.pathetique.com/geocaching/index-US-OR-Portland.html MAXDEPTH=3 STAYONHOST

----------------------------

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

...you had to make a seperate folder on your hard drive for geocaching documents, and then a folder for geocaching internet links. And of course you just love your 21" monitor so you can have the chat room open, the forums open, and the main page open...so you can respond to threads, chat in realtime, and search for your next cache hunt at the same time. And you do this at 3AM.

quote:
Originally posted by macro:

...you had to make a seperate folder on your hard drive for geocaching documents, and then a folder for geocaching internet links. And of course you just love your 21" monitor so you can have the chat room open, the forums open, and the main page open...so you can respond to threads, chat in realtime, and search for your next cache hunt at the same time. And you do this at 3AM.

Hey! I resemble all of that except that I'm stuck with a substandard monitor! And I'm REALLY trying not to stay up as late as 03:00 anymore! You folks keep making posts like this, I may have to join the tinfoil hat crowd! icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by macro:

I guess I'm even a BIGGER geek, since I do all of the above, at 3am, but laying in bed with my laptop. icon_biggrin.gif

Illegitimus non carborundum!

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

.... I guess I'm even a BIGGER geek, since I do all of the above, at 3am, but laying in bed with my laptop. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif ... Geesh, I'm a bit of a geek myself ... but I was laying a bed with a cute blonde icon_biggrin.gif (my wife). I'll bypass the obvious jokes and hope you two will be happy Mopar icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

"Yeah, but are you a mile away from your internet connection using a homebrewed Yagi antenna talking to your 802.11 access point?"

when i geocache with silver crv we use wireless internet via nextell packet data. the car has an onboard pc with a flat panel. geocaching a'la mobile.

...insert pen in carbon fiber pocket protector and smile..

URBO