Why No visitors at our first cache?

As far as I can tell the only thing that would stop most cachers from hunting it is the fact that is is Members Only. You pretty much cut the amount of players down by two thirds depending on your area.

If you want more hunters open it to everyone.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

To be honest cachers are getting spoiled these days. If it's not easy enough, they'll pass it by. I think your cache is great and if it were close I'd go get it. I put one out several months ago and only have one hit. The ones that have less than 1000 feet to walk have dozens. Just the way it goes.

I do like member only caches though. It seems to me that they don't have the contents downgraded so quickly.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Not sure if this might be part of the reason, but we don't do alot of mountain hikes in the summer months due to the heat and the incessant bugs flying in our faces. Perhaps alot of others feel the same? We have five caches 1-3 miles up mountain trails that get very few ''hits'', as well. And the few cachers that found them went during the cooler months last Winter and Spring. Be patient. Cooler weather will bring them out. We printed yours up when it was first posted, but that area is such a pain to drive to from the O.C. area. There are more ''hike caches'' in the Santa Monica Mountains than any other mountains in the SoCal region. The Sr. Hikers are ''studs'' and will go anywhere, any time... Our course, these are just our opinions, we could be wrong. ;~

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

To be honest cachers are getting spoiled these days. If it's not easy enough, they'll pass it by.

In general, probably true icon_smile.gif Although my roommate and I have been skipping the easiest caches around our area and going out for the harder ones, so that in the winter when everything ices over and gets snowed on, we can do the "easy" ones icon_biggrin.gif

snazzsig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

To be honest cachers are getting spoiled these days. If it's not easy enough, they'll pass it by.

In general, probably true icon_smile.gif Although my roommate and I have been skipping the easiest caches around our area and going out for the harder ones, so that in the winter when everything ices over and gets snowed on, we can do the "easy" ones icon_biggrin.gif

snazzsig.jpg

Being members-only will cut down on traffic and summer seems to have decreased activity, at least in our area. We placed our first (a pretty easy one) a month or so ago and had one visitor within a couple of days and then no activity for almost a month. I was getting discouraged and then had 3 hits in three days. That seems to be the nature of things. Yours looks like a fun cache and if it weren't for that fact that it is a couple thousand miles away, we'd try it! icon_biggrin.gif

On a side note, that was my first opportunity to actually see a member's only cache. I like the idea and understand the reasons behind them. We're fortunate to not have a problem with plundering around here (knock on wood) but if it ever comes to that, our future placings will be mocaches as well.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Being members-only will cut down on traffic and summer seems to have decreased activity, at least in our area. We placed our first (a pretty easy one) a month or so ago and had one visitor within a couple of days and then no activity for almost a month. I was getting discouraged and then had 3 hits in three days. That seems to be the nature of things. Yours looks like a fun cache and if it weren't for that fact that it is a couple thousand miles away, we'd try it! icon_biggrin.gif

On a side note, that was my first opportunity to actually see a member's only cache. I like the idea and understand the reasons behind them. We're fortunate to not have a problem with plundering around here (knock on wood) but if it ever comes to that, our future placings will be mocaches as well.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

My roommate and I have been skipping the easiest caches around our area and going out for the harder ones, so that in the winter when everything ices over and gets snowed on, we can do the "easy" ones.

The only downside to that tactic is that, the easier the cache is, the more likely it is to get accidentally found. And, the more often it gets found, the higher its chances are of getting plundered or stolen. icon_redface.gif

I hope those caches you're 'saving for later' will still be active and available once you're ready to get back to them.

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

My roommate and I have been skipping the easiest caches around our area and going out for the harder ones, so that in the winter when everything ices over and gets snowed on, we can do the "easy" ones.

The only downside to that tactic is that, the easier the cache is, the more likely it is to get accidentally found. And, the more often it gets found, the higher its chances are of getting plundered or stolen. icon_redface.gif

I hope those caches you're 'saving for later' will still be active and available once you're ready to get back to them.

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg