Walking across spain at 67!

4agers

This may be a little off topic, but thought it would be OK since GPS technology is involved. I'm also pretty proud of the old fart!

My 67 year old father is leaving tomorrow to walk across Spain! He has his gps, a good hart and one hell of a will. He just beat his second round of cancer and figured he better do it now or never.

I thought you folks may be interested in this because we will be using his GPS and tracking him daily on a blog. I wish I would have started geocaching earlier, because I'm sure I could have talked him into stopping at a couple caches and getting some folks travel bugs some real distance!

Anyway, if your interested feel free to check out his blog and maybe say a little prayer.

http://www.caminodesantiago.blogspot.com/

Hey! I didn't read the whole blog (but will). So, he is doing the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela? Very cool! I was there last over Y2K. There was a HUGE line of pilgrims (and others) to get into the Cathedral that year. Spain itself is really neat, but Galicia is even more great! Lots of interesting things there. Santiago is a nice city. The walk to Santiago is legendary. Your father will find many helpful and nice people along the way!

pokeanim3.gif

[This message was edited by carleenp on August 24, 2003 at 09:43 PM.]