My New BFM Pack

RobAGD

I have just recived my new Camel Pack BFM from Team Shuey and thought I would post some pics of it as CB web site does this thing no justice.

icon_smile.gif

BFM1.jpg

and

BFM2.jpg

here are the items for a size up

phone-pda3.jpg

It will hold a few pens, and some gadgets without any problem. The key holder is a bit cheesey. I killed the one in my Rim Runner in 2 weeks of use.

The side pockets hold a good sized 1lt bottle but wont quite zip all the way up.

BFM5.jpg

bottles

props1.jpg

A few things. This is a Mil Spec Pack. It has a HARD plastice back support with an alumium bar running down your spin. I pulled this out as I found it too stiff for my liking. This pack also comes with the hose already in the insulation pack.

The stiching on this thing is beast. Well made and solid. I hope to be giving it a work out Sunday in the PA area. Illam also trying to get a few pics of me with my Medium ALICE pack for another size comparison. The Med Alice is bigger I think, and has the frame whick I kinda liked, but this had some better features. The 3 small outter pockets, I am about to mount another 2 100oz Bladders to the pack if needed, I liked the Mini Office area dadgum nice. I like the neat strap orginizers that are on all the extra webbing for keeping the extra neatly bundled if its not needed.

If all goes well I'll have a few more pics later too day.

-Robert

Ok here are sopme pics with The Rim Runner, BFM and Medium ALICE packs.

sides.jpg

and from the back

backs.jpg

Team Sheuy sells these packs. There is a thread in the Forsale fourm with a lot of replys of happy customers. I just though I wouldn't clutter up his sales thread with pics of various packs and stuff.

-Robert

Ok had a few more request to so the pockets and bladder area so here are a few more pics.

back-17.jpg

Back padding and straps

bladder-back-13.jpg

The Bladder pocket, this is also where the back support plate is accessed.

outsideback-20.jpg

The outer most pocket

office-21.jpg

My "office" area packed with my tubes of stuff.

inside-18.jpg

Main holding area

mesh-main19.jpg

The back side of the main holding area. 2 Zippered compartments.

-Robert

TNRonin - Well as I dont carry a super heavy load in the pack I dont like a stiff back pannel but as I have never had one, it's more than likley that I am just not use to it.

So I pulled it out.

Did a little caching this weekend with a pack load in the 25# range. The pack was extremely comfortable and road niely on m back. The load was carried well acrossmy shoulders and hips. No hot spots or bad rubs.

ONe thing I noticed and it's just a matter of me not being use to the thickness of the pack so I was catching on things like low logs and stuff that I am use to being able to just duck under. As I get use to the pack this will be less of an issue for me.

The extra pockets and better lay out made logging and trading items a bit easier.

BTW - I LOVE THIS PACK !! It a tad bigger than what I really need but I am sure I will find a way to fill it up with something.

Anyway I am off to slep under my desk for a while. Long weekend and long drives wear me out.

-Robert