The Perfectly Politically Correct Cache II

A long time ago (in internet years) I posted my take on the perfect PC cache.

Time for the second go round.

Kim Q. Geocacher is about to place their first geocache. Kim is of course a unisexual name, it wouldn't do to have our hypothetical geocaching newbie be non representitive of both XX and XY. I've already digressed.

What PC advice do you give them on the way out the door for this big adventure? They are equipped with a Gargellan GPS.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Also remember to have the database changed to show atomic time for when the cache was placed.

Using months and days as we now know them would refer to greek mythology and could possibly offend cachers who do not beleive in such things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

When they place their cache they should avoid hiding it in a bush, (so they don't offend the democrats. icon_wink.gif) ((Get your mind out of the gutter!)) They should also avoid placing it in grass or weeds. This might upset people with glaucoma.

OG

Prophetically Challenged (or is that Pathetically?)

Kim definitely should not drive to the cache in

<------ one of these!

ANd then we'll have to do away with the current official geocache.com logo, featuring a masculine, non-physically challenged cartoon icon performing physical activity that might harm the self esteem of non-biped or physically challenged geo-cachers.

Also, perhaps to erase the stigma of western science and physics, the term geocaching should be changed to "Gia"caching (gia = mother earth)

gilkman

www.gilkeson.net/geocache

Sorry, "Kim" is too eurocentric. So is anything spelled out in the Roman alphabet.

For that matter, "geo" is a Greek root and "caching" is French. So the hobby is also too Eurocentric.

<CentralScrutinizer>

scrutnzr.jpg

This... so... called... geocaching... hobby... violates... Federal... law... you're... all... under... arrest...

</CentralScrutinizer>

- Team Og Rof A Klaw

All who wander are not lost.

According to my dictionary:

quote:
Main Entry: cache

Pronunciation: 'kash

Function: noun

Etymology: French, from cacher to press, hide, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin coacticare to press together, from Latin coactare to compel, frequentative of cogere to compel -- more at COGENT

Date: 1797

1 a : a hiding place especially for concealing and preserving provisions or implements b : a secure place of storage

2 : something hidden or stored in a cache

3 : a computer memory with very short access time used for storage of frequently used instructions or data -- called also cache memory

The word cache comes from the French...maybe we could rename it "Freedom Box"

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."