Geotrash or bonus for last finder?

Will Magellan's treasure boxes turn into geotrash? Or will Magellan send someone to pick up the boxes?

I know some of the treasure boxes have been taken already, but what about the others should local cachers take them? And who should take them 1st finders, 2nd finder, 3rd......................or maybe the person who shows up after all the hat tickets are gone?

Just curious. What are your thoughts on this?

~Shaggy~

quote:
It is really sad that the box your speaking of will be worthless (wet,rotten,beat up) to anyone that eventually tries to retrieve it. or it will possibly just sit there and disinigrate.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But thought it wasn't right to remove it while contest was still ongoing. After it ends I will recheck and remove if it's still there. Maybe I will find an area close by for a real cache to honor the contest one.

quote:
What type of boxes are they using?

They are wooden and not weatherproof. This one was rather soggy and had a few critters clinging to it. Inside items were damp but still usable. Somebody did put a log into it (I believe the FTF) so that will stay in any new cache I may put there.

Remember, wherever you go- there you are!