Placing a Cache

Hi I really want to place a cache in the Cayman Islands when I go this year. However, I know that you are not supposed to place one while on vacation. I go there twice a year..once in december and once in july....i know of a GREAT place to hide one but I dont know what to do? if anyone goes there also could you check it for me???? please help

J2 HIKERS

In my book if you make it there a couple times a year that's good enough for me.

Naturally since I'm not an approver though it's only an opinion. It's the one you will never get back to that is a vacation cache. This summer I'm going (I hope) to South Dakota, were I to place one there it would be a vacation cache.

On the other hand when I go to Arizona I have the means to place a cache and have it maintained (by proxy) for anything other than the once a year I'm down there. This is because of all the family I have down there.

Like all rules I think it depends.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

You will probably stand a better chance of getting it approved if you use the time before you go to enlist the support of a local cacher who will be willing to check on it and perform any needed maintenance in your absence, and then post that fact as a temporary note on your cache page when you submit it for approval.

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

You will probably stand a better chance of getting it approved if you use the time before you go to enlist the support of a local cacher who will be willing to check on it and perform any needed maintenance in your absence, and then post that fact as a temporary note on your cache page when you submit it for approval.

Worldtraveler

This would be the only way a "vacation" cache would be approved. Right now the general guideline is that you must be able to check on a cache within a 3-4 week period if necessary.

I'm sure if you do a little research on local cachers you'll get someone to help you maintain it. A suggestion would be to post a request in the appropriate regional forum.

TMJ--Admin.

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.