New home for "Locationless" caches

After reading all the anti-discussions on locationless caches, I think it is time we find a new home for those of us who enjoy them. Granted they may not be traditional type caches, but they are still an activity many people would enjoy and do not wish to be restricted on.

Therefore I propose one of two solutions. Would any of the other Geocaching sites be interested in supporting them? If not, I think we should start a sight of our own for these kind of caches so that the "traditional" folks do not need to be bothered with them, yet we can still enjoy them.

What does everyone else think?

Maybe "LocationlessCaches.com"?

I will start my creative juices going.

M-D-M Explorations

MrSki and DogMa

40º 07.874'N

88º 11.647'W

Well it's the site here that has problems with locationless caches. The guidelines have been changed around so that now it's very difficult to get a locationless cache approved here. There have only been 2 approved in the past week or longer.

I agree with you that's it is enjoyable and those who don't like them shouldn't bother with them. Same goes for those who don't like microcaches or easy caches or caches that are too close together. I honestly don't see the problem, it's all about using our gps and finding things.

geocaching.com is a great site and will be around for a long time. The thought seems to be that we need to add a site that will welcome locationless caches.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

While we are discussing the possibility of a new site, let us also discuss some possibilities for the URL. Here are a few I have quickly thought of but not sure if they have the WOW factor I would like.

LocationlessCaches.com

ScavengerCaches.com (I also enjoy these kinds)

AlternativeCaching.com (to encompass all kinds)

Whatcha all think?

M-D-M Explorations

MrSki and DogMa

40º 07.874'N

88º 11.647'W

I've been thinking about the need to move the locationless caches to their own site. I even thought about hosting a site for them (but then I realized I wouldn't be able to handle all the pictures.) I love finding the locationless caches along with the regular caches, but they don't really fit in with geocaches. I like the idea of a Scavenger Hunt type page. I'd want the new page to continue asking for coordinates, and maybe even map out the finds. The site could be set up to handle simple finds, or those that change (by the person that originated the hunt, the most recent finder, or some other person.) And the site would definately have to store a lot of pictures. I think that would be one of the best parts of the site.

As for a name... I like something like gpshunt.com. There's not really a cache involved, so having cache in the name doesn't quite sound right, but the site should tie into this site somehow.