OT: National Parks on 20/20

Wow, it sounds like the NPS resources are stretched pretty thin, in trying to deal with all the violent crime and drug smuggling. Interestingly, they find plenty of time to police the parks to prevent the OTHER great danger... geocaches. icon_rolleyes.gif

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
8. Delaware Water Gap (New Jersey/Pennsylvania): Once one of the best law enforcement programs in the NPS, Delaware Water Gap now has half the rangers in the field it did in the mid-1990s.

- but still enough rangers to check canoes & kayaks if there is enough lifejackets and if you have "whistle or horn" in each boat (now we have).

Czech caching in US.

Well it is much easier to chase folks having fun than folks with criminal intent.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Wow, it sounds like the NPS resources are stretched pretty thin, in trying to deal with all the violent crime and drug smuggling. Interestingly, they find plenty of time to police the parks to prevent the OTHER great danger... geocaches. icon_rolleyes.gif

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
Originally posted by Haggaeus:

quote:
8. Delaware Water Gap (New Jersey/Pennsylvania): Once one of the best law enforcement programs in the NPS, Delaware Water Gap now has half the rangers in the field it did in the mid-1990s.

- but still enough rangers to check canoes & kayaks if there is enough lifejackets and if you have "whistle or horn" in each boat (now we have).

Czech caching in US.

Cheers!

TL

"Just about any type of crime that goes on in any urban environment happens out here," said Dale Antonich, chief ranger at the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, located in Nevada and Arizona.

"We've had rapes, we've had murders in the park, we've had bodies dumped in the park," Antonich said.

3 OF THE TOP 10 MOST DANGEROUS PARKS LISTED ARE IN ARIZONA.

THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE BANS FIREARMS FROM ALL THEIR PARKS, LEAVING YOU AND I DEFENSELESS.

GO FIGURE.