Night time cache hunting

KernBob

For all the night time cachers out there, What are you seeing placed for trail markers? Are people marking the trails for night use?

I have a bundle of reflective 'yarn' that is reflective on both sides.

I tied a piece of it to my car antennae about 3 months ago and it's hanging in there without any signs of degradation.

I've been thinking of doing a virtual night time cache where it has to be dark to see, Something that would look lika a reflective light sculpture in the middle of nowhere.

Anyone else doing anything with reflective materials?

Oh yes, I just remembered. I left a stash of cut yard threads in the cache I posted tonight. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=82844

Happy Trails,

Kernbob

Kernbob

Drive Fast, Take Chances. -- Jon Bedford

Simply do a search (Markwell??), there are tons of threads with good ideas.

Based on those searches I opted to use 3M's reflective tape.. It's been a big hit.

(Oh yeah, and unlike some of the other, I incorporated GPS usage in mine. The end is offset...)

Enjoy,

Randy

Okay I'll try again. This annoying upgrade keeps kicking me into a log out state. I cannot open multiple windows anymore. The whole problem keeps getting worse every day....

Okay rant over. Craft stores have a whole variety of glow in the dark stuff. Tamo's Clan Destiny hid a series of black light caches (here is one) that are nigth time caches.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

Trippy1976 and I were once looking for a 2-part night cache. Between stages, we spotted some Fire Tacks headed in roughly the right direction. The description hadn't said anything about Fire Tacks, but we thought it might be a surprise element to the hunt. Eventually, though, they led us astray and put us on the wrong side of a swamp (luckily, this was in the winter).

At any rate, they are very cool and effective. Looks like you even get a decent cache container if you buy the combo kit.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams