"Raiders of the First Cache"

Ok, I placed my first cache and have had several logged visitors, more in the onsite log than on the website, this was expected. The cache was filled to overflowing when I went to maintain it yesterday, so a lot of things were traded in.

I did note however that apparentlythere was a "first to find" unlogged on both the onsite log, and in the website.

The individual(s) helped themselves to the best items leaving the cache pretty well stripped.

The cachers who did log are really super though, not only did they add some neat things, but they "improved" the hide in the process.

I am hoping that the "Raiders of the First Cache" were non-geocachers and not Geocachers. I think that by reading the months of logs that the majority of "us" are really cool people...

Overall the experience is good, so far..

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

my first hidden cache got wiped out by the first finders,(a family)they took 4 items including the first finders prize and left a pen.They logged it online but did not mention plundering it.

I frequently check my caches and it usually winds up between finders.

I had a similar experience with my first hidden cache.

Except that the first 3 or so people to find it were great about the trades, which was to be expected as they were rather big names in the area. Then somewhere down the line, I think it was a family group, they took about 4 things (all new in packaging) and left 2 things. They only actually logged that they took 3 things.

So I was a bit cranky at first, then went to check it and was kinda pissed when I saw they took more than they said. But some nice cacher followed them and refilled the cache. So I guess things balanced somewhat.

It happens, you just get used to it I guess.

Signature? I don't need no stinkin signature!!!!