Personal Gain Items.

There was already a thread about this some time ago.. I can't find it right now..

I would like to see some personal items in caches.. It's up to you to add a personal item in the cache or to take a personal item out of a cache.. some may collect the some may not..

Irresisti

N12º 55.475

E100º 52.865

Personally, I'm always a bit disappointed when I find a business card in a cache. If its a "business card" personal token, that would be more than fine, it would be cool! icon_biggrin.gif

One cache I visited recently was stuffed with business cards as starting items. Business cards and customized pencils. I think that's actually pushing things a bit, its bordering on it being a commercial cache...

snazzsig.jpg

Personally, I'm always a bit disappointed when I find a business card in a cache. If its a "business card" personal token, that would be more than fine, it would be cool! icon_biggrin.gif

One cache I visited recently was stuffed with business cards as starting items. Business cards and customized pencils. I think that's actually pushing things a bit, its bordering on it being a commercial cache...

snazzsig.jpg

Well, it had some other stuff in it, and it was a good hunt. The impression I got is that the placer stuffed it with those items without really thinking about appropriateness. If they had painted a business logo on the outside, for me that would have pushed it over the line.

snazzsig.jpg

I think leaving a business card in the cache is a good thing. It tells other people more about you and who you are than some silly, useless,"trinket." One card is fine, I don't think stuffing a dozen is a good idea though. If someone down the road sees mine and needs a product or service I offer, great! Isn't that just another form of "members helping other members"?

Personally, I think the people who leave small cans of bug spray are the real geo-cach life saving heros!

Cache On!

quote:
Originally posted by Jason / Angie:

What is everyone's thoughts on personal gain items being left at Cache's, such as business cards? I personal feel it isn't in the sprit of the game to try to make any type of personal gain or recogniton from it.

your thoughts?

Jason/Angie

quote:
Originally posted by servman:

I have special cache cards that I've printed up. Nothing special, just my GC Name, e-mail and a space to write the date I was there.

Ian

Mobile Cache Command

Is it allright to add an official Geocaching logo to the cards? Anyone know?

I'd like to place a stack of "Cache-Cards" in any caches I create. They would contain Cache-Name, coordinates, my email, and a place to enter the date. That would allow someone to record the date on the card and take it with them as a reminder of their visit. Some travellers visit many caches on their journeys before they get a chance to log the visits online. A "Cache-Card" would be a great little reminder.

Anyone with Word expertise willing to create a template?