Sportrak Color or 76s??

I need to replace my current GPS (Summit) with something that holds maps and I can't decide between these 2 units. Does the color screen make that big of a difference? I was hoping Garmin would release a unit with a color screen that is not a PDA.

Does one of these have a significant advantage over the other one? I tried looking for reviews on the Sportrak Color, but there just aren't any reviews on it. I plan on getting one within the next week or so. What do you think? Would the Rino 120 be worth looking into? I can get 2 of those for the same price a one of the others.

Thanks

" Take what is useful and develop it from there"

- Bruce Lee -

The Sportrak Color has more than twice the resolution of any of the other Sportrak series.

The 76S has 240x180, the STC has 240x160. Both have comparible memory for downloading maps. Both use the same antenna type (quadrifilar).

Pluses on the 76S side:

External Antenna.

Barometric Altimeter.

Minuses on the 76S side:

Besides it's bulky size, not much.

Pluses on the STC side:

Color is pretty cool. Nice resolution for a compact sized unit. Built in tide tables (why don't more units have this?).

Minuses on the STC side:

Has barometer but it is not used for altimeter.

Since I already liked the size of the Sportrak series, this new Sportrak is just the ticket for me. It worked with all the accessories that I already had, and is even easier to use, all in all (there are some ergonomic changes which were much appreciated).

I don't think you can go wrong with either unit, so I'd go with the one you can get the best price on. icon_biggrin.gif If you already have a preference to a particular brand, I would stay with that brand. You'll be more comfortable with it.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"