Color Meridian coming soon...

Stunod

Don't know if any of you have seen this yet. For those of you who always have to have the latest and greatest toys (and those who have lots of batteries to go thru):

mag-mercol-500.gif

For those who speak German (I don't) here is a link with more info. I could only make out a date of November, 2002.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

I wonder what the resolution will be? If it's the same as their other models I'll stick to my GPSMAP76 with its black and white HI RES screen and great battery life.

Color's great in the car, that's why I got a Street Pilot III, but if I ever chose to use it for caching it's rated at 2 hours of use with SIX AA BATTERIES! Crazy.

guy.gif

Having a color display makes about as much sense to me as having my timex watch in color.....All I want is the data. At least until we get the same resolution and battery life and price as my V is now!

"Never take a sunset for granted. Stop what you are doing and enjoy it. You never know when it may be your last"

The only thing I've REALLY found useful in color on my SPIII is seeing my current route a different color than the road I'm on. I know the V does this by shading the route grey and making it wider than the road, but there have been times where I'm on a major freeway and have to turn on another freeway, while there's yet ANOTHER freeway I DON'T want to turn onto (ie. Los Angeles). It's much easier to see where you're supposed to go with that great PURPLE track.

But that's the ONLY thing I've found really useful about the color part.

guy.gif

Just a bit of useless info about the displayed unit...the map area shown on the unit is that of San Dimas, CA where Thales/Magellan is located here in Southern CA with the 210 freeway to the east, Arrow Hwy to the south, Lone Hill Ave to the west and Gladstone St to the north. The position indicator is centered on Thales/Magellan. I know this area and recognized it right away. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SergZak:

Just a bit of useless info about the displayed unit...the map area shown on the unit is that of San Dimas, CA where Thales/Magellan is located here in Southern CA with the 210 freeway to the east, Arrow Hwy to the south, Lone Hill Ave to the west and Gladstone St to the north. The position indicator is centered on Thales/Magellan. I know this area and recognized it right away. icon_biggrin.gif

They must have a diffrent mapsend than I do (I know it just them making it perty).

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.