My Mapsorce is not displaying city streets !!

jtice

On my GPS V if I install both Topo and Cityselect the Cityselct will be what I can see.

In order to see the Topo I have to 'turn the cityselect map off'.

On the map screen I hit menu and then I can see an option for maps. Going into there I can uncheck the maps I want to quit overriding my Topo maps.

Your GPS may be similar.

==============================

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Wrong Way Ron:

I bought MapSource and didn't get the password/code for unlocking Mapsource for updates. This should have been in an envelope with the software can you help me whit a unlock code???? Help

First there is no unlock code for mapsource and second even if there was it would be a violation of the rules for this forum to post one.

I too did not receive "unlock codes" with the Mapsource MetroGuide. I am wondering if this is a policy that has gone by the wayside at Garmin. As yet to contact Garmin support for this. This product was purchased at a Sporting Outlet store and was factory sealed.

MapSource MetroGuide doesn't have any unlock codes and never has. It has only been on a subset of Garmin products: City Select/City Navigator, BlueCharts, and Fishing Hot Spots.

All indications are that the policy of having unlocks on these products has been driven by the contractual arrangements Garmin has with the map vendors - it certainly has never been a Garmin policy across their wide range of mapping software.

I figured it out, it was the toggle for GPS detail thing on the PC...

And no Metroguide has no code, it is an addon to Mapsource.

As for getting them? If this is bad , please tell me, I will delete this....

I have one word: KAZAA