a couple TRACKMAKER questions

kdkk17

how do i get rid of the straight line thats created from where i turn the gps off to where i turn it on again..should i just turn the tracks off on the gps itself? id rather not have to remember to turn it back on...also..do i have to download everything thats been saved everytime or can i just download the last days jaunt without deleting the saved tracks on my legend

With my Garmin GPS12 the straight lines you mention only occur when the tracklog is full and is overwriting old data. It should stop if you erase your old tracklog from your GPS after downloading it. You can also delete the lines within the Trackmaker program by single clicking on the line to hi-lite it then use the delete key.

Note that if you double click on any segement of a track the whole track is hi-lited and will be deleted if you use the delete key.

My GPS does not have the saved tracks feature but I believe that Trackmaker only downloads the active log. Somebody else may be able to confirm this

quote:
Originally posted by kdkk17:

how do i get rid of the straight line thats created from where i turn the gps off to where i turn it on again..should i just turn the tracks off on the gps itself? id rather not have to remember to turn it back on...also..do i have to download everything thats been saved everytime or can i just download the last days jaunt without deleting the saved tracks on my legend

On my emap & Vista when I save the active track in the GPS it will ask (from different times, to entire log) I suppose it gets the choices from gaps in tracks as you mentioned.

how4.gif No matter where you go... There you are!

NTGA member

...are talking about deleting a specific track segment in GPS Trackmaker, then all you need to do is select the segment and go to EDIT>CUT. That segment will disappear and your original track will become two tracks. You can delete multiple selected segments at the same time also.

I don't think that you can download specific tracks as opposed to all that are on your GPS. But I am not 100% sure.

... icon_razz.gif