EasyGPS doing something Strange?

I have been having a little problem with the program EasyGPS.

I receive GPX files from Geocaching.com for caches to upload to my Sportrak and PocketPC.

The problem is that I get a file that is 508k in size and when I use EasyGps it shows only 8 caches. Another GPX file I receive is 80k and it shows 15 caches??

Why does the smaller file show more caches than the larger one??

When I upload the Caches to my GPS it only sends 8 caches.

When I upload the GPX files to my PocketPC it shows all the caches. For example the 508k file shows 93 caches on my PocketPC.

I made a new query the other day to try something. I made the new query a LOC file download. I made it exactly like the query that produces the 508k GPX file. Today was the first time I recieved a LOC file and when I veiwed it in EasyGPS all 93 caches were there.

Is this a bug in EasyGPS or am I doing something wrong?

It would be nice to recieve only one file instead of one for the gps and one for the PocketPC.

mustanglx

I do not receive the files zipped, I guess I can try that.

The version that I am running is 1.2.2, not sure if this is the most current version. I will have to look into what version is out there.

Thanks for the hints, I will give them a try.

mustanglx

Well I think I fixed it. It was the version of EasyGPS that I was running.

I looked on Geocaching.com and they showed version 1.2.2, which is what I have. Then I went to the site of EasyGPS abd it showed version 1.2.5.

As soon as I opened a GPX file all the caches showed up.

Thanks again for the help.

mustanglx

I am having a problem with the transfer of waypoints to my Garmin legend. The Latitude and Longitude are not correct after I upload it to my handheld. It has only happened to one single waypoint so I am confused as to why this is? Any suggestions? I have the latest firmware and version of EasyGPS.

quote:
Originally posted by mustanglx:

Well I think I fixed it. It was the version of EasyGPS that I was running.

I looked on Geocaching.com and they showed version 1.2.2, which is what I have. Then I went to the site of EasyGPS abd it showed version 1.2.5.

As soon as I opened a GPX file all the caches showed up.

Thanks again for the help.

mustanglx

I've seen this come up more than once (seems like alot).

I'm sure it is far down the list, but could the page on geocaching.com get updated to include the latest version?

And why isn't the link for download directly to easygps.com so cachers will get the latest version? Do they move it alot and break the link alot?

Kenneth