Decrypt Hints using Palm

marty621

There's a program called "Hint decoder" that does the trick. Small & effective.

If you're on a palm already, why don't you go paperless? Best thing I've done in ages... Check out the "GPS Units & Software" section, titled "New "Old" Palm on the way!"

The tutorial itself is linked in the discussion, but straight to it here:

http://b.hammond.home.mchsi.com/paperless.html

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

I use my Handspring (palm OS based) to keep track of the caches. I go to a cache page, decrypt the hint if I feel I need to and copy/paste the text (not the logs) into my "to do" list notes. That way when I am in the field, I reference the notes and get the info I need. If I find the cache, I then mark that "to do" as complete. I try to keep the paper to a minimum when I am out. Wind/rain has a tendancy to ruin the paper icon_wink.gif.

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

quote:
Originally posted by DiverMan:

I use my Handspring (palm OS based) to keep track of the caches. I go to a cache page, decrypt the hint if I feel I need to and copy/paste the text (not the logs) into my "to do" list notes. That way when I am in the field, I reference the notes and get the info I need. If I find the cache, I then mark that "to do" as complete. I try to keep the paper to a minimum when I am out. Wind/rain has a tendancy to ruin the paper icon_wink.gif.

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

I think rain is not good for your PDA too icon_biggrin.gif

I think SirRalanN ment to say that CacheMate CAN hold hints and decode them. I know the screens are there but I've never used them.

The one catch is that you need to become a premium member to download GPX files. That way you load the whole sheet into your Palm. Descriptions, hints and all.