Good online dealers

Guest Geocaching newbie

Guest phantom4099

I also strongly recommend www.theGPSstore.com

Friendly, knowledgeable(?) people, fast shipping, and one of the lowest price around makes it a great place to order from.

Wyatt W.

------------------

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Guest MiataMan

I bought my Meridian Gold from "thegpsstore.com" They had the best prices and fast shipping. Only took 3 days via UPS. Very happy with the service. I would buy from them again.

Guest gstrong1

I've had great luck with http://www.advancedgps.com . Very good prices & free shipping. Just got my Garmin V & all region unlock certs. from advanced. Got about the best price on the net & ordered it at 5:00 am Thurs. morning & took delivery at 11:00 am Fri. morning. Not bad for coming from from California to NY.

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

[This message has been edited by gstrong1 (edited 06 February 2002).]

Guest Hawk-eye

The one online dealer I can swear by is http://www.thegpsstore.com/

These guys have been absolutely great ... good pricing ... but better customer service ... 30 days no question ... send it baack if it's not what you thought or if it has a problem ... I think the manager or maybe the owner is named Drew ... I don't normally say this ... but even if the price was a bit more ... I'd buy from these guys just because I know if there's a problem ... they will give me zero hassle ... and they will do it quickly ... not drag out your refund or replacement. Oh, and I DON'T OWN ANY STOCK IN THE STORE icon_biggrin.gif

3245_600.gif

Guest Hawk-eye

The one online dealer I can swear by is http://www.thegpsstore.com/

These guys have been absolutely great ... good pricing ... but better customer service ... 30 days no question ... send it baack if it's not what you thought or if it has a problem ... I think the manager or maybe the owner is named Drew ... I don't normally say this ... but even if the price was a bit more ... I'd buy from these guys just because I know if there's a problem ... they will give me zero hassle ... and they will do it quickly ... not drag out your refund or replacement. Oh, and I DON'T OWN ANY STOCK IN THE STORE icon_biggrin.gif

3245_600.gif

For Garmin products I recommend http://www.tvnav.com . The owner, Darrel, is an active participant on the sci.geo.satellite-nav GPS newsgroup and is very knowledgable about GPS products. His website is pretty bad, but he offers good prices and excellent advice and service.

Guest prv8eye

I ordered my Meridian Gold from thegpsstore.com and it arrived on the release date.

Needless to say that I am VERY happy with their service.

Gus Morrow

Oceanside, CA

Guest LoCache

I used http://www.gpscity.com for my new Vista. Amazon for my old one. GPS City was VERY good. The cheapest deal I found anywhere, fast service and a free t-shirt! With shipping and the t-shirt, it cost me less than the next closest deal I could find!

Only problem I had was a billing issue that they cleared up and then upgraded my shipping to make up for the lost day!

Excellent service!

Geo

Guest joshuabrand

I bought my GPS, and still buy most of my outdoor gear from REI.com They've got stores nation wide and have costs similar to everyone else when it comes to GPS unit. I admit, they're not the cheapest (but they don't overcharge), but one can be assured of fast order processing and great customer service. Also, if you're a member, you will get 10% back on your non sale purchases at the end of the year. That means that I got $17 back for buying my Etrex Venture, so it cost me only $153 (plus 7.99 shipping) for it.

------------------

Josh

npl1.tripod.com

Guest Geo Jab

I would also recommend advancedgps.com My Garmin V was $405 with free shipping. GPSdiscount.com would be $421.92 for the same unit (includes shipping cost). While this is still a good deal, I found advanced gps.com to be excellent and lower cost

Regards to all

Geo Jab

I just ordered my Magellan Meridian Gold from http://tigergps.com/. Not only did he ship same day, but he pricematched another vendor. !!$255 shipped!! If UPS doesn't screw up I should have it tomorrow, one state over. Can't wait to start geocaching.

[This message has been edited by ChuckL (edited 06 February 2002).]

Guest phantom4099

I also strongly recommend www.theGPSstore.com

Friendly, knowledgeable(?) people, fast shipping, and one of the lowest price around makes it a great place to order from.

Wyatt W.

------------------

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Guest DisQuoi

quote:
Originally posted by peter:

For Garmin products I recommend http://www.tvnav.com . The owner, Darrel, is an active participant on the sci.geo.satellite-nav GPS newsgroup and is very knowledgable about GPS products. His website is pretty bad, but he offers good prices and excellent advice and service.

Excellent ... New Legend for $205 plus S/H. Came fast, too.

Guest webjester

Since nobody has placed a vote for "planetgps" yet, here we go: Great prices and immediate delivery. I have ordered there twice now. Excellent rating also with yahoo shopping. I checked out some of the other places mentioned but they didn't seem to be that convincing (a lot of hide 'n seek with the prices).

When you do get a GPSr, if it is a garmin, visit ebay.com and find GPSGeek. He doesn't sell GPS recievers but rather accessories to go with them. For my Etrex, I got the car power adapter/computer adapter combo for $25, garmin sells them for $50. Great service! He will have a site, but it's not up yet:

www.gpsgeek.com

Beware...they billed my AMEX credit card 6 weeks ago after advertising that they bill at time of shipment, never updated me on delivery and still have no delivery date for my GPSMAP 76 S. I cancelled the order (I hope no... response to my email telling them to cancel). They removed their phone numbers from the web site. They have a great web page, good shopping basket, secure purchasing, BUT no response and unreliable when spending my MONEY!

well, i finally have my new 76s today. went to the fed-ex office to pick it up a day early. early? now that's funny as I ordered it in FEB! from adavancedgps.com. I really think they have more business than they can cope with. I did buy a 12map off of em bout a year ago and had no trouble.

11902_900.gif