Cheap MS Streets & Trips 2003

Ok, may be a dumb question but...the amazon page says it integrates with GPS receivers - does this mean all of them? I am new to this, but I though Magellan used MapSend and Garmin used MapSource - how is this different? This price is much better than either of those products and may change my mind on which to buy.

"I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference"

quote:

Ok, may be a dumb question but...the amazon page says it integrates with GPS receivers - does this mean all of them? I am new to this, but I though Magellan used MapSend and Garmin used MapSource - how is this different? This price is much better than either of those products and may change my mind on which to buy.

You can plug your GPS into to and see where you are in the Streets and Trips program (it will track your location on it's map). You cannot, however, load any sort of map from S&T into any sort of GPS, nor can you transfer waypoints.

Hope that helps.

alex

quote:
Originally posted by alexm:

You cannot, however, load any sort of map from S&T _into_ any sort of GPS, nor can you transfer waypoints.

You can't transfer waypoints directly, but you can indirectly. You can convert your waypoint files into a .csv file and import it into S&T and you can convert your saved S&T pushpins from S&T .est files into other formats that can be read by programs such as EasyGPS and others.

Yes, as nevin1977 says, GPSUtility will open them and then will save them in many other formats including .gpx This workaround is a bit of a pain but once you get the hang of it it goes quick and S&T is such a great mapping program for a very cheap price, it's worth the effort. And don't forget, for realtime tracking, you can change the default 15 second position update rate to 1 second with this utility.

This is off of the subject but I found Magellan Mapsend TOPO at amazon.com for $14.99 after the rebate. Here is the link to it.

Amazon.com Because it's more than $25.00 you can get free shipping if you can wait an extra couple of days. If you apply, are approved, and use the Amazon.com visa you get $30.00 off of the purchase. You get the $25.00 rebate from magellan and in the end it only costs $14.99. Just thought I would share.

Item(s) Subtotal:$67.15

Shipping & Handling: $5.58

Super Saver Discount:-$5.58

Promotional Certificates: -$30.40

Total Before Tax:$36.75

Estimated Tax:$3.24

----------

Grand Total:$39.99

Rebate: -$25.00

------------

Final Total: $14.99

(I know I should have started a new topic But after numerous failed attempts I decided to reply to this)

quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:

Costco has them for $13.99. No shipping too!

Why didn't ya'll mention that Costco one of those member-only stores? I went walking up into a Costco yesterday in order to purchase my $13.99 Streets and Trips. The "guard" at the door just about tackled me wondering where my membership card was.

Oh well. I guess it's Amazon for me.

Jamie