GPS locations on OS Maps (2) - create a route.

I was going to add onto the bottom of the last thread, but thought this might be easier.

Thank you for all the postings on the other thread - it did answer some of the queries I had.

I have a book of walks in Sussex and I want to create some routes for my Magellan. Can anyone tell me if there is an on-line map that you can use to create waypoints and then routes. I do have Mapsend and Easy GPS, but the UK map does not go down to footpaths and bridleways, only streets.

I have tried scanning a pathfinder map and importing that into a program, but it didn't seem to calibrate it in the right place.

How have others done it?

Thanks

John (& Gill)

Again very expensive, but mrs dodgydaved bought me the Southern Britain CDs for Xmas.

You can't input individual way points, but you can create routes to send to your GPSr.

Try here.........

http://anquet.co.uk/product.html

or here.......

http://www.tracklogs.co.uk/cgi-bin/publ/user.cgi?obj=shopµ=as_shop_anquet&page=1:50,000%20Landranger

I love it.....

dodgydaved

I'm NOT lost, I know exactly where I am, I'm here!

quote:
Originally posted by John & Gill:

I do have Mapsend and Easy GPS, but the UK map does not go down to footpaths and bridleways, only streets.)

Try Gartrip. It's free and available here.

quote:
I have tried scanning a pathfinder map and importing that into a program, but it didn't seem to calibrate it in the right place.

Yes you will need to scan in your map and calibrate it, and yes, the first time you do it you will probably get it wrong. I did. Just stick at it and you will figure it out. You may need to use a co-ordinate converter which can be found here.

You probably could buy software vthat does the same but calibration won't be any easier. It's tricky, but you'll figure it out.

If you have a specific problem, I'll gladly try to help.