100 up for team Dan & ........

Just seen that Geo Badger (or is it weasel?) - the first part of Team Dan & Pid has made the ton. Little Pid is not far behind so well done to the pair of them. Considering the pain, suffering and even threats to their lives they've endured on the trail to 100 they deserve three hearty cheers.

Hip Hip etc.......

Maybe they'll get to 200 quicker if they try using maps and doing it in daylight icon_wink.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

Congratulations you two, quite an achevement considering the obsession with nocturnal caching.

Thanks for all the caches you have planted as well - we've enjoyed them all.

And to think it all started with you saying "we can find combe hill without a GPS...."

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

Best congrats on that. icon_cool.gif

Not just the "nocturnal caching" (Chris n Maria above) but shotguns, Golf Courses, Bulls, etc. etc.

We reckon you should keep a diary of all the events which have happened to you whilst caching. Just imagine the entertainment you will give your grandkids when you read it to them. icon_biggrin.gif

Seems that many have listed their best/worst experiences, care to do the same ?

Very best of luck to you, enjoy.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

As Chris says, I also remember your determination to be the first people to find the Coombe Hill cache without a GPS... in the dark! I also remember our email conversations at the same time: I thought you were both completely mad. I still do, actually.

It can't be denied however, that you are two of the most 'entertaining' geocachers to grace this pastime of ours.

Keep it up.

Mark

----------------------

I was technical once

I am currently standing on 98...I may be hassent to add that Dans extra caches are one of mine and Glorious Gloucestershire. I didnt claim his because I didnt want to get to 100 unfairly icon_wink.gif so I would say hes only 1 ahead of me really icon_wink.gif

BEST CACHES AND REASON

1.) Hornets Hide 5 by The Hornet.... What a cache! What a place.

2.) Keyne for peace by MCL.... This place is really heart warming, especially with the fireworks there were.

3.) Rabbit Ramble by PhilGN.... THAT TUNNEL! and such a great clue.

4.) Pit Near Penn..... NO CACHE but such an insight!

5.) Coombe Hill..... The first and such memories and Views.

6.) Jersey Farm.... A boring place but it was sentimental.

ADVENTURES

1.) Barrell Makers Ramble... Sniper rifles, pursuits, spot lights,,,this one had the lot!

2.) Grand Union Canal... Scary canal inthe cold dark of night, didnt find it but almost got accosted by a gang of youths!

3.) Lofty at the Grand Prix... The only time in my ife where I thougt I would have to be rescued by Mountain Rescue! LoL

4.) Rabbit Ramble.... That Tunnel! Wading through Sewage is never pleasent! especially with Trains overhead, icon_wink.gif

Thankyou to all of you for planting all those great caches for us to find. They were all great fun.

Herts will never be the same again icon_wink.gif LoL.

icon_smile.gif ON WITH THE NEXT 100 ...

Pid icon_biggrin.gif

Ben Piddington http://www.buckscaching.co.uk

Cheers peeps. It’s been really fun getting the first 100. So much effort has gone into all these caches so I must say congratulations too. On with my list!

Hardest Caches:-

SP1 by Tony & Bonnie - This cache has a difficulty rating of 1 star but I beg to differ. If anyone else has found this in the pitch black they will know what I’m talking about.

Anne’s afternoon out by Dodgy David - Did this little beauty without even a torch. It was past 12 and we took over 2 hours looking for a parking space because the gates were locked and we couldn't see the sign posts. After finding the cache Pid then lead us half a mile further away from the car because the GPS was stalling on satellites. I went knee deep into a dew pond, and it took in total about 4 hours to do what should have otherwise been a simple straight forward cache!

Best Multi Cache:-

Brian’s Warren, a Quainton Ramble by P.Howard - Fantastic use of landmarks which lead to one of the nicest views in my caching history (of a year icon_wink.gif ) It was again pitch black by the time we reached our goal and the cows, all about 100 of them were keeping us in close company. Fantastic icon_smile.gif

Best Landmarks:-

Keyne for Peace by MCL - Absolutely stunning and what a surprise in somewhere I personally think is a horrible place (Milton Keynes) More caches like this please, loved every minute of it!

Bridging the Gap by Grovesie - Another serious bit of eye candy. We visited in the dark and the lighting made it even more stunning i'm sure.

Scariest Caches:-

Barrel Makers Ramble by Philgn - Well what can you say, we were quite literally threatened with guns! Stumbled into some poachers or similar and ended up with my hands in the air in mercy! We managed to talk our way out in the end and made for a quick retreat (Home your thinking!, that’s not how my brain works! icon_wink.gif ) to the other side of the woods. After finding the cache a large orange light scanned across us like something out of a prison escape movie! We spent the next 10 minutes hidden behind a huge fallen tree before running back to my car at the speed of light!

Pit near Penn by Brad, Angie & Steph (and now by us) - This place gave me and everyone I have visited with the creeps. It was bad enough visiting in pitch black, but to be greeted with witch cackles from the adjacent field made me really tense. We never found a cache here but after it was archived we couldn't see such a great location go to waste and so we placed a new cache within 50 metres of the original.

Best Views:-

Glorious Gloucestershire by Bowdie - Visited this cache with my girlfriend Anna and spent a long while just watching the clouds. Lovely stuff.

Strangest Location:-

Lofty at the grand prix by Nia - This cache was totally un-pathed. I was with 4 or 5 other people and we had to fight our way straight through trees which were 10 times our size. No doubt there was a path but we don't do paths! icon_wink.gif

icon_wink.gif The cache is now archived, can someone please replant a cache there as the hiders have not replied to my emails, this would be an awful waste!

Dan Wilson - www.Buckscaching.co.uk

[This message was edited by Team D&P on October 01, 2002 at 06:19 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

And a big congrats from me also, Just seen the

messeage for this as I have been out to the Pub, Thats the one in Wylam at the top of the village, its called THE SHIP

CAREFUL! This could be construed as advertising and you could get your nadgers cut off with a blunt knife for this crime icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by Team D&P:

__FAVOURITE CACHE:-

__

This honour is bestowed upon the Carney Family. On my way back from holidaying in Blackpool with my friend Mike I decided it was time for a cache and headed for Somewhere near Bolton where we found 'Lead Mines' This place had the most amazing landscape, views and a nice monument to cap off my favourite hour of caching ever. Beautiful work by the planters icon_wink.gif The cache is now archived, can someone please replant a cache there as the hiders have not replied to my emails, this would be an awful waste!

This cache has been re-instated in the last week. I have to agree that it's a great location and you also get the chance of a great pint and a nice lunch in the Crown in Horwich. icon_wink.gif

Alex.