To log or not to log

I've had this problem now for three times and am still unsure on what to do!

The problem is that with some virtual caches the answer can be multi-interpretal and I never know whether to log it as a find or not. I always try to email the cacher first who placed it, but sometimes do not get an answer.

So the question is that even if I am not 100% sure of the right answer, but I am quite sure of the location can I log it as found?

Stealthgoth

We once logged as found, and emailed the answer.

The answer we sent was wrong, but close enough to show we'd been there (my memory of some of the figures had been bad!)

So... as the others say... log it, email your answer, and change your log to a note if you told that it's wrong and you can't log it.

If your intentions are honourable, no-one really has grounds for complaint. I find 'email and wait before logging' to be a little odd.

Cheers,

Stu

quote:
Originally posted by Adam & Lisa:
Originally posted by Stu & Sarah:

If your intentions are honourable, no-one really has grounds for complaint. I find 'email and wait before logging' to be a little odd.

Cheers,

Stu

Unfortunately I waited a month before logging a Virtual ,having originally sent an e-mail with the answers required and a statement that I would log on confirmation. no reply, so I logged it.

George

Most people mail & log at the same time. We have quite a few virtuals and we try to remember to reply to all our mails but sometimes we dont get the mail or just lose track of which ones were mailed.

From memory we have only had 2 wrong answers - one had sent a mail for a different cache and the other got it write after some clarification as to what we were after.

Chris

If only life had an undo button....

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net