Oldest Virgin Cache in the UK?

quote:
Originally posted by Daisy&me:

The oldest virgin cache in the UK now appears to be GC693F Ordnance Survey Map 1 (Shetland), which was placed about 9 months ago.

When you see where it is you'll realise why!

Well, that's just not on! I'll be going up to Shetland soon, so I'll have a go at finding it when I get there... Hopefully it'll have a log before it's first birthday

icon_smile.gif

Regards,

G.

quote:
Originally posted by TheCat:

I am going up there over Easter to do this cache and also place some more around the Shetlands. So depending on when you are going you might have a few more to do.

Mark (TheCat)

http://www.geocacheuk.com

Wouldn't that be classed as 'holiday caches' and be rejected by the approvers. I had an informal chat with T & J at the recent cache bash about placing a cache in Scotland and the concencus was that it would not be approved unless I could find a local cacher to 'maintain' it.

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

Wouldn't that be classed as 'holiday caches' and be rejected by the approvers. I had an informal chat with T & J at the recent cache bash about placing a cache in Scotland and the concencus was that it would not be approved unless I could find a local cacher to 'maintain' it.

To avoid any misnderstanding.

The Cat has already run this past us and has made local arrangements and also visits regularly, so we think we can get away with it.

Visiting once a year or so, would be difficult for us to justify approval.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

Are holiday Virtuals OK?

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

The Cat has already run this past us and has made local arrangements and also visits regularly, so we think we can get away with it.

Tim & June (Winchester)

Splendid... I look forward to doing them next time I'm in the Shetland Isles icon_biggrin.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

quote:
BK + SB wrote:

It should be to the right of the number 4 key.

Hope that helps

It is indeed, but it doesn't seem to work in these forums. Mine works fine in Wordpad, but here it produces €

I don't know if that'll display the same for everyone, but on my display it's a plain empty square.

That's using 'Alt Gr' + "4" with Win Me.

Bill