New Garmins

Blimey.. if you've ever felt a bit self-concious when an unexpected muggle spotted you wandering through the undergrowth intently staring at your GPS, wait until you see the trendy new garmin machines...

They have built in games - stuff along the lines of the nokia snake game, and a "virtual" maze game - where you actually need to wander about in the real world to control the on-screen action.

Now if *that* doesn't make you look like a total pillock to the average passer-by, then nothing will! ...bizarre!!!

details here

On a more positive note, the store price for the entry level "geko" seems to be around the 80 quid mark (inc VAT) ...could make it an attractive proposition for would-be cachers icon_smile.gif

We thought a 'pillock' was a small round flat-topped hill.

We don't know what a 'gorm' is but I don't think we have any. Do we need to get some?

Hopefully the price of an e-Trex might come down.

The 101 looks useless to me. It appears to have NO down/upload capacity. It certainly does not have the 'socket' at the back like the e-trex and the 201.

Tech-no notice

quote:
Nia wrote:

The 101 looks useless to me. It appears to have NO down/upload capacity. It certainly does not have the 'socket' at the back like the e-trex and the 201.

No, it doesn't have download/upload capability. The small print says:

Please note: Geko 101 does not support external power or serial interface.

It doesn't store routes, either, only waypoints.

Bill

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

We thought a 'pillock' was a small round flat-topped hill.

We don't know what a 'gorm' is but I don't think we have any. Do we need to get some?

Like they say, be alert - we need more lerts.

Plenty of Gorms around at the moment.

Anyone heard anymore about GPS receivers in a mobile phone?

--... ...--

Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

It'll give you something to play with while you're wandering around searching for "Keynes Overlook"

He..He..He icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Won't need it with the new spoiler pictures I've just uploaded for nighttime cachers icon_wink.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.