Digital UK Ordnance Maps

I have just got into Geocaching and bought the Fugawi s/w metioned when I bought my etrex. It works brilliantly and I highly recommend it. Of course, I haven't compared it with any of the other offerings, but it did seem to be good value. I wish it had 1:25,000 scale maps as well, but that is being greedy!

Nigel

have you visited gpsmapmaster recently? icon_eek.gif

================================================

GPSMapMaster is no longer available. Due to copyright violations.

If you have a copy of GPSMapMaster please delete it and be reminded that use of it is in breech of Copyright Law.

Thanks for all of your support,

Rick Hewes.

Pretty sad news really, big business strikes again. icon_rolleyes.gif

Gpsmapmaster, in my opinion, was the best gps software available for hiking/rambling.

Incidently, I still have the installation package for this archived away if anyone wants to 'try' the latest version (v3.5a), it's 1.2MB. then just pop me a mail through my profile. Bearing in mind the above warning of course! frog.gif

[This message was edited by Overlander on August 05, 2003 at 01:43 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Overlander:

Incidently, I still have the installation package for this archived away if anyone wants to 'try' the latest version (v3.5a), it's 1.2MB. then just pop me a mail through my profile. Bearing in mind the above warning of course! frog.gif

...bearing in mind that Multimap now blocks requests from this program.

Rich

mobilis in mobili

Founder member of GAGB

On a similar note, I heard a snifter of information today that may be of interest...

I can only state that this is a rumour, but can be backed up by a statement made by the man on the Garmin stand at the recent HCC event. Impressed by the integrated Palm/GPS combo Garmin are about to offer, he hinted to 'watch this space', but would not say anything more.

The information I heard today has added to the speculation. Apparently, a GPS manufacturer (which isn't Magellan) are developing a handheld GPS with full colour screen capable of displaying full OS Landranger maps. This is not supposedly a Pocket PC or Palm type device - but a true handheld GPS receiver. It is due out sometime next year.

This is complete hearsay, and please do not quote me to Garm*n if you phone them up. I just thought you might like to know what I had heard.

Team Tate

Remember - if it's moving, it's not dead...

A friend of mine at work was just showing me a printout from something called Anquet. I had a quick look at the website, Anquet and it looked pretty cool.

My friend had been out for a bike ride the night before, and downloaded his track from a Garmin eTrex into Anquet, and it showed the route they took, and also a profile of the elevation - which came from the mapping software, not the GPS apparently.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

I er.. know 'somebody' who might have 450mB of maps and aerial photo's to swap...?

I also recall that the author gave instructions for d/loading maps and naming/saving them manually. But ofcourse the site is no longer there...

quote:
Originally posted by Overlander:

have you visited gpsmapmaster recently? icon_eek.gif

GPSMapMaster is no longer available. Due to copyright violations.

If you have a copy of GPSMapMaster please delete it and be reminded that use of it is in breech of Copyright Law.

Thanks for all of your support,

Rick Hewes.

Pretty sad news really, big business strikes again. icon_rolleyes.gif

Gpsmapmaster, in my opinion, was the best gps software available for hiking/rambling.

[This message was edited by Overlander on August 05, 2003 at 01:43 PM.]

This is the email I was talking about:

quote:

Dear GPSMapMaster users,

I have been informed by MultiMap that GPSMapMaster is in breech of copyright law. Multimap have also informed me that the program has been blocked by their servers. Please delete all maps and aerial images that you have downloaded. And please stop using Multimap immediately.

Please read a message from multimap :

"Write to all purchasers of your program and inform them that any use of your program that accesses Multimap is a copyright violation, and instruct them to stop using Multimap immediately, and to delete any maps or aerial images that they have downloaded."

Thank you for your support,

Rick Hewes.

Rich (Founder member of GAGB)

Can YOU handle the Donkey?

ah gotcha, it ain't true though. I used gpsmm bout an hour ago to lay out a route.

The best thing about this program is the fact that you can plan your route on a 1:25,000 os map and then switch to an aerial photograph of the area and zoom all the way in to 1:5,000 just to your actual route and the path's you're going to be following and adjust your gps waypoints accordingly, then right click and upload to your gps..... for a hiker it's fantastic...

Incidently does anyone know of any decent software that has the above functionality (without paying an arm and a leg).