How do I find possible caches around a certain location

IRUNINCIRCLES

I manage a teen center and thought it would be really fun to take my teens out this summer for some caching! Is there a way to search for multiple caches that are at a certain park or location? If so, can you tell me how I would do this...and if not, give me any help to put something together?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, IRUNINCIRCLES said:

I manage a teen center and thought it would be really fun to take my teens out this summer for some caching! Is there a way to search for multiple caches that are at a certain park or location? If so, can you tell me how I would do this...and if not, give me any help to put something together?

Thanks!

Please don't. If you want to teach these teens about geocaching place some temporary geocaches for them to learn how to find.

If I was a local I would not want you to take those teens, who will then take their friends, to my geocaches. 

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 1
48 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Please don't. If you want to teach these teens about geocaching place some temporary geocaches for them to learn how to find.

If I was a local I would not want you to take those teens, who will then take their friends, to my geocaches. 

Agreed. I wouldn't want them taken to my caches either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, IRUNINCIRCLES said:

Thanks!

You could search by coordinates of a place, or use a cache as a central point, and reduce the search radius to just the park.

But as mentioned, you may instead place some nice, big boxes in creative ways in whatever park you like.  Then you know they're all available, in good condition, and contain fun things (whatever you want to put in them).  Plus, there's no saturation restriction, so you can place a bunch, with no concerns about cache longevity.  Give everyone a paper map of the hiding spots.  You can include puzzles and clues to make them trickier.  Pick up everything after the hunt.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

Teens! Be careful who you show caches to. This is from having experience with scouts finding caches and things going missing, such as trackables. Never to be heard of again.

16 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I agree that placing temporary caches is probably a better solution for a group of teens. But I have to provide my defense of teenage geocachers. I started caching when I was 13 and had found about 500 caches by the time I turned 18, mostly caching alone. My caching practices have basically not changed since then - find, sign, replace as found or better hidden. (I suppose I am less likely now to dash across busy roadways without crosswalks because it's the shortest way to a cache.) 

My only point is that not all teenagers will vandalize or steal caches/swag/trackables or bring friends who will.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, nachtmusik said:

I agree that placing temporary caches is probably a better solution for a group of teens. But I have to provide my defense of teenage geocachers. I started caching when I was 13 and had found about 500 caches by the time I turned 18, mostly caching alone. My caching practices have basically not changed since then - find, sign, replace as found or better hidden. (I suppose I am less likely now to dash across busy roadways without crosswalks because it's the shortest way to a cache.) 

My only point is that not all teenagers will vandalize or steal caches/swag/trackables or bring friends who will.

I absolutely agree!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1