Games first 10 attributes

10 hours ago, TheLimeCat said:

You can read the original thread here:

I believe the wording was "only 10 attributes per listing", meaning it didn't start with precisely 10 attributes. Maybe someone that was caching at the time can say more.

This is correct - there were always way more than 10 attributes to choose from. 

Inspired by the link back to the public discussion, I went back and looked at the private discussion where Jeremy asked the Reviewers to test the new feature.  From re-reading that, I was reminded of the following:

• Instead of the initial limit of 10 attributes per cache page, there was a proposal to limit the number to 8 attributes.
  • The same artist who "created" Signal the Frog created the initial attribute icons.
  • Originally the "Thorns" attribute was a "Cactus" attribute - it was changed after feedback that "Thorns" were a more universal way of indicating that there are pointy sharp plants nearby.  The five caches with the "Cactus" attribute had this attribute added during the small group testing phase, before the switch to "Thorns."
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 4
14 hours ago, Keystone said:

This is correct - there were always way more than 10 attributes to choose from. 

Inspired by the link back to the public discussion, I went back and looked at the private discussion where Jeremy asked the Reviewers to test the new feature.  From re-reading that, I was reminded of the following:

• Instead of the initial limit of 10 attributes per cache page, there was a proposal to limit the number to 8 attributes.
  • The same artist who "created" Signal the Frog created the initial attribute icons.
  • Originally the "Thorns" attribute was a "Cactus" attribute - it was changed after feedback that "Thorns" were a more universal way of indicating that there are pointy sharp plants nearby.  The five caches with the "Cactus" attribute had this attribute added during the small group testing phase, before the switch to "Thorns."

Keystone - What do you mean, "The same artist who "created" Signal the Frog"?

Wait a minute - are you saying....

WHAT?!?!? First Santa, now SIGNAL?

AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

• Funny 5