Deleting account locks all owned caches

A cacher recently deleted a bunch of legitimate found logs out of spite. The cachers who were affected used the process in the help center to have their logs reinstated and locked. The cacher continued to delete more found logs and then also decided to delete their account. This seems to have automatically locked all of their owned caches. Some of the cachers who had their logs deleted had them restored before this happened. However some were only worked on after the deletion of this cacher's account, and were told that since the caches are now locked, there is nothing that can be done about the deleted logs.

I'm just wondering if someone can actually delete a whole bunch of found logs, then immediately delete their account, the found logs are just gone? What if these are important found logs for a streak or some other stat? Just wondering in general about this, not trying to raise any issue with Groundspeak or the lackeys who have to work to restore logs.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 4
1 hour ago, ruylopez said:

and were told that since the caches are now locked, there is nothing that can be done about the deleted logs.

That's unfortunate! 

1 hour ago, ruylopez said:

I'm just wondering if someone can actually delete a whole bunch of found logs, then immediately delete their account, the found logs are just gone?

Apparently yes.

Someone here in Florida owned two very old (pre-2005) active and still viable listings. They deleted their account, which immediately archived and locked the two listings. It's absurd.

I'm surprised locking an a cache prevents restoring a log.

Edited by JL_HSTRE
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mudfrog said:

A person's cache history shouldn't be affected just because some bumhole get's upset.

Something like that happened in my home area, too. And while the cache listings of the ex-CO are indeed all locked, any existing logs (e.g. my own finds) are unchanged. So I wouldn't say that my own "cache history" is affected.

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, baer2006 said:

Something like that happened in my home area, too. And while the cache listings of the ex-CO are indeed all locked, any existing logs (e.g. my own finds) are unchanged. So I wouldn't say that my own "cache history" is affected.

Unless the ex-CO decides to delete a bunch of Find logs (including yours) before deleting his/her/its account, and thus locking the cache listings that had a bunch of Find logs deleted.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2
1 hour ago, niraD said:

Unless the ex-CO decides to delete a bunch of Find logs (including yours) before deleting his/her/its account, and thus locking the cache listings that had a bunch of Find logs deleted.

Yeah, you're right. I hadn't properly read the OP and somehow missed that the ex-CO killed their account while some deleted logs were still in limbo. Sorry, my fault.