Delete Owned Trackables

wjrgeocaching79

I have been wondering for a long time, is it possible to delete from inventory currently owned trackables? In my case, I would like to delete half of my present inventory, as those five are no longer in my possession for a variety of reasons. I have searched in the help section for answers, no such luck. I did a search of these forums, nothing. Please help if at all possible, thank you.

2023-12-31 12_41_36-Geocaching _ Trackable Items _ Trackable Item Search.png

• Surprised 1
4 minutes ago, wjrgeocaching79 said:

I have been wondering for a long time, is it possible to delete from inventory currently owned trackables? In my case, I would like to delete half of my present inventory, as those five are no longer in my possession for a variety of reasons. I have searched in the help section for answers, no such luck. I did a search of these forums, nothing. Please help if at all possible, thank you.

I am wondering the same exact thing… I would be deleting maybe 3-4 trackables that I own.

• Surprised 1
1 hour ago, wjrgeocaching79 said:

That list above is your owned trackables. The inventory is different, and missing trackables will not show up on that list.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, wjrgeocaching79 said:

Adopt them to somecacher and they will be gone from your Inventory.  For example, adopt them to me, I'll take them right now.  I can always use extra Tracking Codes.

• Funny 1
1 minute ago, kunarion said:

Adopt them to somecacher and they will be gone from your Inventory.  For example, adopt them to me, I'll take them right now.  I can always use extra Tracking Codes.

How do you let them up for adoption?

3 hours ago, chase99g said:

How do you let them up for adoption?

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=41&pgid=249

But before you get too crazy, another option is to use the Tracking Code on some other small item or tag, to revive the Trackable.  After you have the new thing in hand, you would Grab it from "Unknown Location", at which point it's back in play, and you can Drop it into a cache if you like, as an active Trackable in your list again.

Or use the Tracking Code on a T-Shirt or car window, or some other object that remains with you (so it's less likely to vanish again).

It's good to also type clear information into the description that this is being released again, a different object from the original one, in case the original turns up somewhere.

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1