Letterbox Stamp requirements

smudgepuss

Are there any requirements on what 'the stamp' must be for a Letterbox cache?  Beyond actually existing.

I'm in the process of putting together a Letterbox cache with a bit of an insect theme, and while searching for a suitable stamp, I've come across a set of stamps to 'make your own' insect.  So rather than having just one 'official' stamp, I'm thinking that the 'mix and match' set could be quite fun (several options for each of legs, antenna, body and wings).  Is that an acceptable approach?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, smudgepuss said:

Are there any requirements on what 'the stamp' must be for a Letterbox cache?  Beyond actually existing.

I'm in the process of putting together a Letterbox cache with a bit of an insect theme, and while searching for a suitable stamp, I've come across a set of stamps to 'make your own' insect.  So rather than having just one 'official' stamp, I'm thinking that the 'mix and match' set could be quite fun (several options for each of legs, antenna, body and wings).  Is that an acceptable approach?

That would be fun!

7 hours ago, smudgepuss said:

Nope.  One had a large "B" and that's it.  Most we see have nothing to do with the cache or name, so yours should be fun.   :)

I'll be the wet blanket though and say, realize that humans are involved (it doesn't matter if it's a PM or basic member), and 'parts' may part ways...

I think it's a very cool idea.  Good luck.

On 12/19/2023 at 8:32 PM, cerberus1 said:

I'll be the wet blanket though and say, realize that humans are involved (it doesn't matter if it's a PM or basic member), and 'parts' may part ways...

I think it's a very cool idea.  Good luck.

That was actually one advantage that I considered to using a set - while it would be disappointing if you couldn't make a whole bug, I was somewhat hoping that they would only accidentally be removed, and therefore probably only one at a time, so it would at least still have some stamping capability for longer.

However, as I came across an old toy box of mine that's shaped like a treasure chest, I'm going to retheme everything to pirates anyway!

• Upvote 1