No link to log in "Log Deletion" mail

baer2006

Hi,

I received an e-mail, that one of my logs has been deleted by the CO. When this has happened in the past, the mail contained a link to the deleted log, so that I could see what I wrote (and, if needed, I had an easy way to reinstate the log using copy-and-paste).

But in today's mail, this link to the log was missing - it only had links to the cache listing and the CO's profile.

Question to GS: Is this intentional (and if so, why), or is it a bug?

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 2
  • Helpful 1

I also received one yesterday with no link. I had to try and recall what my log was.

It was, I recalled, a NM on a virtual cache in Antarctica with a heap of armcair "Found It" logs. I checked the listing and found all the fake logs had gone along with any NMs - like mine. CO doing some "tidying" perhaps?

The OM was.

"Was soll der Blödsinn mit dem owner maintenance... wer nicht weis wie ein Virtual funktioniert sollte es lieber lassen...ich bezweifelle . das der maintenance logger vor ort war."

Edited by colleda
typo
  • Funny 1

That's good to know there's no link in the deletion log, I assumed there was.

I have two virtual caches that each require a photo.  I very patiently work with those who log a find with no photo to help them add a photo, especially those who message me a photo without putting it in the log.  I message them a link to their log and explain to them how to add the photo.  While my cache listings say that non-compliant logs will be deleted within 24 hours, I give at least a week for the logs to get put in compliance.  But eventually I just delete the log if the logger doesn't follow through.  I assumed the deletion log had a link it in.  But thankfully I always send them the link to the log so I know they have it, as it should be viewable even after deletion with the link.  I'm happy for them to re-log the cache with a photo later and I want them to have access to what they write originally.

2 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

That's good to know there's no link in the deletion log, I assumed there was.

Just for the record: The link to the log definitely used to be in mail!

And as I said in the original posting, I find it rather annoying that it isn't there any longer, and would really appreciate a statement from GS about that.

• Upvote 2