What's the Hardest 2000 cache?

essap2

One of my lifelong goals is to find every 2000 cache in the world. So far, I have found 49 of the 112 active. In my travels so far, I have found that the 2000 caches tend to be much more adventurous and off-piste than your average cache. This made me wonder, what is the hardest 2000 cache in the world to reach.

Off the ones I've found so far, I think either 

GCD -  (Washington's oldest)

GCBC -  (Monte Cristo) 

could make the argument of being the hardest to reach.

However, looking across the pond, 

GCF7 (Australia's Used-to-be-highest)  

definitely looks like quite the trek in the mountains to get to. The CO definitely stresses that getting to the cache is no easy feat in the cache description.

I suppose an argument could be made for 

GC35 (Power Island)

GC20 (Marooned)

given that they are located on islands, but those seem to be more of a financial strain considering the majority of finders use chartered boats to both of them. 

Opinions? My best guess would be GCF7 as it seems like a longer and more strenuous hike than any others but I'm not familiar with Australian mountain ranges so idk.

4 hours ago, essap2 said:

Opinions? My best guess would be GCF7 as it seems like a longer and more strenuous hike than any others but I'm not familiar with Australian mountain ranges so idk.

I haven't done any hiking in the Snowy Mountains since my university days in the 70s and 80s so I can't really offer much advice other than to take the warnings on the cache page seriously. The weather can change quickly and unexpectedly, with white-outs and even snow in mid summer, so you need to be well prepared. I did the return walk from Charlotte Pass to Mt Kosciuszko, which is actually along a service road (closed to private vehicles) and, while a reasonably long hike, wasn't particularly steep or challenging, but in mid summer we saw pockets of snow on the ground and even had a snow-fight at one spot. I haven't been out along the Main Range track so I don't know what that's like, but read the logs and look at the cache page gallery to get a bit of a sense of what to expect. From the sound of it, it's a full day return hike to the cache.