Select text in description/answer

rragan

4 minutes ago, rragan said:

It's frustrating that text cannot be selected in an AL. It would make translation easy (at least in ios, nos sure about Android). When text is selected, Translate is one of the options. It sure would make international labs more easily doable. 

I can select the text in Android, but if I want to translate it then I copy it to the translating site. 

On 9/3/2023 at 5:46 PM, SpiritGuide said:

If you have the Google Translate app installed, the copy/paste pop-up will include a translate option... you don't need to copy it to the website. 

Yes, I can copy the text and paste it into the translate app as you say. I was hoping to allow text selection because then more options (including Translate) become available on iOS. Not sure if Android offers this on selected text. Making links live in AL text so you can click on them would be be great further refinement.

6 hours ago, rragan said:

Yes, I can copy the text and paste it into the translate app as you say. I was hoping to allow text selection because then more options (including Translate) become available on iOS. Not sure if Android offers this on selected text. Making links live in AL text so you can click on them would be be great further refinement.

Yes, Android operates the same. Select text, then a translate option is available without having to copy paste.