Proper cache type

Jayeffel

I have a cache planned and almost ready to place, I had problems getting it constructed so  it would hold up.

Due to nearby cache spacing I could not do what I intended, so changed it per advise to a Multi-Cache with the first cache a virtual with info to lead to the final.  I have a series of questions that ask about info provided at the virtual stage, is it proper to call that a Puzzle Cache or would Multi-Cache be sufficient?

• Funny 2
1 hour ago, Jayeffel said:

I have a cache planned and almost ready to place, I had problems getting it constructed so  it would hold up.

Due to nearby cache spacing I could not do what I intended, so changed it per advise to a Multi-Cache with the first cache a virtual with info to lead to the final.  I have a series of questions that ask about info provided at the virtual stage, is it proper to call that a Puzzle Cache or would Multi-Cache be sufficient?

There are regional variations in this. I'm used to simple offset caches (gather information at a virtual stage to get the coordinates of the final) being listed as a multi-cache. However, I have cached in areas where they were consistently listed as mystery/puzzle caches.

How are other simple offset caches listed in your area?

This is quite easy.

You'll find your answer in the following link to the helpcenter: 

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=559

But in short:

If you have to find the answers to the questions on the start (Or better WP1), it's a multicache.
For example the answers are on a infoboard or on a sign that exists on WP1.

If you have to puzzle them at home (google or internet) then it's a mystery (or Unknown) cache.

• Upvote 4