[Bug] Error 500 when updating instant notifications

Flagler1616

Pretty much the title. Any attempt I have made to update instant notifications results in an Error 500 and prompts me to check Twitter for updates. Since Twitter now requires an account to view threads, that's not an option for me. So can someone in the know give an update as to what's going on here and when it may be fixed? Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Flagler1616 said:

Pretty much the title. Any attempt I have made to update instant notifications results in an Error 500 and prompts me to check Twitter for updates. Since Twitter now requires an account to view threads, that's not an option for me. So can someone in the know give an update as to what's going on here and when it may be fixed? Thanks!

I just updated some last night, and got some notifications, without any error message.

I have the same error every time I updated my notification. My mail is verified and I got the notifications and the changes are also saved. But I still land on the error 500 page. I reported this issues already 2 years ago...

It is really annoying to set up notifications for vacation, because of the extra clicks :(

2 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

I also showed both of your email addresses as not validated. I've fixed that now and would be interested if you continue to have these issues.

Also, when experiencing these types of errors, it is best to write in to customer service rather than posting in the forums.

Maybe the ERROR MESSAGE should say to contact customer service instead of to check Twitter--which has never (to the best of my knowledge) provided any helpful information.

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 1
On 8/6/2023 at 1:41 PM, Moun10Bike said:

I checked your account and saw that your email address was not verified. I have corrected that. Does the error go away for you now?

Yes, that seems to have done the trick! Was that something wrong on my end? I thought I was fully validated.

There was an issue a few months ago where switching between validated email addresses as primary would invalidate both. That has been fixed, but there are still accounts that were affected during that time. It is also possible for an address to become invalidated if messages sent to it bounce. Support personnel are able to look at account status and see where emails are invalidated, which is why it is a good idea to write in when you have issues (people browsing the forums aren't going to be able to see or help with individual account-level issues).

6 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

There was an issue a few months ago where switching between validated email addresses as primary would invalidate both. That has been fixed, but there are still accounts that were affected during that time. It is also possible for an address to become invalidated if messages sent to it bounce. Support personnel are able to look at account status and see where emails are invalidated, which is why it is a good idea to write in when you have issues (people browsing the forums aren't going to be able to see or help with individual account-level issues).

Respectfully, I went to the forums because the error message said to check Twitter, and Twitter is no longer accessible if you don't have an account. So I went to see if anyone had insight into the problem such as "yes, the Twitter feed says there is a server outage", rather than possibly contributing to the support queue during an active incident. If you want folks to always contact support when getting errors, I respectfully second the suggestion made by @NanCycle that you update the error message accordingly.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1